Here are tips to be followed by the bridegroom as he prepares for the once in lifetime experience of his wedding day. These tips should be followed about 2-3 months prior to the wedding date is finalized.
01. If you are suffering from a chronic acne/pimple problem or any other skin problem then it is advised that you consult a skin specialist.
02. Ensure that you drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Water is a great diuretic as it cleanses the skin of the bride and makes it glow with health and shine. It also melts the body fat by flushing out the fat deposits called cellulite, improves digestive system and also helps in getting rid of dark circles under eye, thus improving your overall health and looks.
03. The bridegroom should take care of his diet and focus on eating well. It is advised to include fruits, juices and vegetables in your daily diet. It is believed that oranges and tomatoes are good for the skin so the bridegroom should drink juice of orange/tomato as it provides the daily dose of Vitamin C which is essential for healthy and glowing skin.
04. It is advised to avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
05. Make a daily routine of skin care by using natural products such as honey, besan, curd, haldi and lime juice for cleansing the face and neck. Oily skin can be treated with a face pack containing haldi, lemon juice and besan. After washing the face, one should apply it on face and neck and then leave it for 20 minutes to dry. Thoroughly wash the face with plain water and a gentle face wash to reveal a glowing skin.
06. After returning home from hectic trips of shopping, ensure that you wash your face with a mild herbal soap to cleanse off the grime and dust and also apply soothing sandalwood paste on it.
07. Avoid indulging in oily, deep-fried and junk foods at least for three months before your wedding day.
08. The bridegroom must apply oil on hair every alternate day to add sheen to hair texture. Also take multi-vitamins supplements.
09. Honey and cinnamon is good for treating the problem of rough skin. Apply a paste of these ingredients and leave it on the skin for 20 minutes to dry before washing it off with water. It will tone up the skin making it glow.
10. A mixture of Haldi and red sandalwood powder is helpful in removing marks and scars left by acne and pimples on the skin. Apply the paste on face and keep it on for 30 minutes before washing it off with water.
11. In order to bring shine to hair, apply paste of amla, reetha, shikakai, henna, honey and egg white on the hair and leave for 30-40 minutes. You will see your hair bouncing and shining exquisitely.
12. In case you are suffering from the problem of dandruff then you can blend lime juice with the above given mixture.
13. It is good to work on your stamina and get fit for your wedding day. Find time for regular exercise, such as jogging, skipping, aerobics or walking. It will make you fit and also improve your metabolism as well as blood circulation, thus making your skin glow.
14. It is good to get a facial treatment monthly so that your skin tones up well.
15. Apply a mild smelling perfume or deodorant on your wedding day. Apply after shave to exude appeal.
16. Donít feel camera shy but learn to pose and smile confidently for your pictures.
17. If you are planning to wear cosmetic lenses in your eyes on your wedding day, then you must get used to them well ahead of the D-Day.
18. Do not feel overstressed as it will have a negative effect on your health and also show on your skin. Practice yoga and meditation to feel energized and stay peaceful. Make sure that you get 7-8 hours of sleep daily besides regular intervals of rest.
19. Donít indulge in oily and sugary foods as they are high in calories and low in nutrition. Cut down on your intake of alcohol, caffeine and quit smoking. Focus on eating healthy food.
20. Make a habit of using a face wash to cleanse your face before shaving. Afterwards shave off the beard and apply aftershave lotion or dab your face with a mild toner.
21. Start taking regular facials at least 3-4 months before your wedding. Get a facial once a month and also get a facial at least 2-3 days prior to the wedding.
22. Keep your wedding wardrobe in complementary colours. You must coordinate your shoes, ties and cravats in shade that matches with the suit color so that no parts of dressing look out of place and contrasting.
23. You must wear a belt in pure leather to make your appearance polished and suave.
24. It is advised to get your haircut at least a week before the wedding day since it takes time for new hairstyle to set well. In case you donít like your hairstyle, you can get it improved in time. Make sure that you get your nasal hair trimmed by your barber.
25. Wear a clean and well ironed shirt which should not have any creases or folds. The shirt should not appear messy.